This two-day intensive workshop, featuring basic and advanced lumbar spinal injection techniques, provides formal didactic, hands-on training and round table case discussions to provide a full understanding of the role of basic and advanced lumbar spinal injections in spine care. The workshop grows your knowledge and skill with training utilizing cadavers for demonstration of anatomic fluoroscopic structure in correlation with the various procedures.
Experienced faculty provide an intimate opportunity to improve knowledge regarding patient selection and technique for lumbar epidural steroid injections, facet injections, sacroiliac joint injections, transforaminal injection/selective nerve blocks and medial branch blocks. In addition to learning about the techniques in doing these procedures, participants learn some of the literature surrounding them as well as the risks associated with and how to avoid them.
What you will learn:
- Summarize the role of each injection in the overall care and rehabilitation of the spine patient
- Describe contraindications to the performance of the procedure
- Assess potential complications associated with each procedure
- Differentiate technical parameters in the performance of each procedure
- Demonstrate anatomy and safe radiological principles involved in each injection
- Gain insight into the correct coding procedures for commonly used injection codes
In accordance with guidelines recommended by the CME Committee and adopted by the Board of Directors, physicians in the following specialties only may enroll in this course: Anesthesiology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Radiology, Neurology, Orthopedic Surgery, and Neurosurgery.
| ||General Registration||Member Doctor||$1995.00
| ||General Registration||Non-Member Doctor||$2195.00
We want to make sure that your registration process is a pleasant one, so if you have any trouble or a question,
please email or call us at (630) 230-3600.