NASS Meetings and Courses
Throughout the year, NASS hosts a variety of
meetings and courses
- Evidence and Technology Spine Summit in the winter
- Summer Spine Meeting or Spine Across the Sea in the summer
- NASS Annual Meeting in the fall
- Hands-on cadaver technique workshops
- Co-sponsored meetings with global spine societies
- Coding courses
The Spine Journal (TSJ), NASSJ and SpineLine
NASS members receive access to leading research, studies and clinical updates through:
The #1 rated journal in spine, The Spine Journal (TSJ)
. All members receive online access to TSJ
and Active, Associate, Affiliate and International Premium members receive print copies, mailed monthly (to ensure you receive your issues, check your preferred mailing address in your NASS MyAccount
). The journal is an original, peer-reviewed publication and is widely considered to be the top benefit for NASS members worldwide. Members who wish to sign up for automated Table of Contents emails for TSJ
must set up a separate account on the TSJ website
and add an alert
through this account.
In 2020, NASS launched its open access journal, NASSJ
. This online journal publishes original basic/translational science studies and clinical papers, case reports, systematic reviews, critiques of classic articles and other papers related to spine care. Members receive significantly discounts on fees related to article submission to the journal.
, NASS' bi-monthly publication which includes important clinical, medical and policy updates is also a benefit of membership. All members receive complimentary online access to this publication, and Active, Associate, Affiliate and International Premium members receive mailed copies.
Online Education and Updates
Members receive free or discounted access to online education and important updates including:
- 40+ free On-Demand CME credits at www.spine.org/FreeCME
- Member-only access to the NASS Case of the Month
- Access to 500+ hours of archived education from 2006-2015 meetings and conferences
- Discounted Watch Anytime recordings of 2016 and later meetings
- Free education including podcasts, Ask the Expert videos and more
- Spine Safety Alerts posted online
- Staying Current
Ensure you’re receiving the latest updates and news from NASS through:
*By signing up for text alerts, you agree to receive automated text messages from NASS (no more than 4 per year after phone number identification) regarding your membership. Message and data rates may apply. Reply Stop to end. Text alerts are limited to the United States phone numbers only.