Reimbursement and Coding
- Ask a Coding Question: Members can exclusively submit specific coding questions for review and reply by the NASS Coding Committee.
- Coding Article Archives: Each issue of SpineLine typically includes at least one article about coding and reimbursement. These archived articles from the past 20+ years are available through the members-only section of the NASS website.
- Coding Courses and Annual Book: Each year NASS publishes the Common Coding Scenarios publication and hosts several live coding courses around the U.S. (members receive significant discounts on these resources).
- CPT/RUC and Policy Comments: NASS is actively involved in the CPT and RUC processes and regularly comments on policy and scientific topics that affect reimbursement for members.
To access the more than 25 coverage recommendations available for free to members ($395 per topic for nonmembers; currently a $10,000+ value!), add these free downloadable products to your shopping cart, then complete your $0.00 order. Once your order is complete, you can access the documents in your My Downloads.
The National Association of Spine Specialists, NASS' advocacy arm, serves as the primary voice for spine specialists on Capitol Hill. This group works with Congress to advocate for policies that directly affect members. Members can get more involved with advocacy efforts by staying informed on current issues, applying for Advocacy Council committees, or donating to the SpinePAC.
- Fellowship Programs: NASS provides a variety of resources for in-training members including information about the Spine Surgery Fellowship Match, the new Interventional Spine & Musculoskeletal Medicine Fellowship, and more.
- Online Presence Services: Members receive discounted pricing on website design and internet presence management services through Pronto Marketing.
- Provide patients with reliable information from the knowyourback website including downloadable versions of NASS patient education brochures covering 20+ topics.
NASS has funded nearly $4 million in multidisciplinary research; members can apply for funding based on the annual funding schedule.
Contact Other Members and NASS Staff
Connect with other NASS members by searching through the members-only directory on SpineConnect, or contact the NASS headquarters office with questions about NASS, your benefits, or getting more involved:
- General Inquiries: [email protected]
- Membership (membership status, renewing, general benefits): [email protected]
- Meetings (registering for events and courses): [email protected]
- Education (submitting abstracts, claiming CME): [email protected]
- Coding and Reimbursement: [email protected]
- Coverage Recommendations: [email protected]
- Clinical Guidelines: [email protected]
- NASS Registry: [email protected]
- Advocacy: [email protected]
- Publications (submitting articles, reviewer questions): [email protected] or [email protected]
- FellowshipConnect (hosting or travelling to an observational fellowship): [email protected]
- SpineConnect (posting cases, general inquiries): [email protected]
- Governance (awards, Board of Directors): [email protected]
- Product Purchases (NASS online store orders): [email protected]