The North American Spine Society (NASS) adheres to an annual appointment process to fill its volunteer group (committee, section, task force, commission) positions. The following is an update regarding the schedule for the 2022-2025 volunteer term:
March 31, 2022: Deadline for online applications.
April 1-May 31, 2022: Chairs and Council Directors review applicants and current volunteers to recommend positions up for reappointment or new applicants to be added; only members in good-standing with a disclosure on file with NASS of May 1, 2021 or later could be considered for appointment.
- June 21, 2022: Recommendations for appointment and reappointment will be sent to the Executive Committee for review and approval.
- June 27-30, 2022: Notifications will be sent via email to members who have been reappointed and those who applied regarding their appointment status.
- July-August 2022 (Appointed Members): Members who have been appointed or reappointed should formally accept their appointment(s) through the link in their appointment email or in the Committee & Groups page of their NASS MyAccount. New members should then work directly with their staff liaison for onboarding to their group(s).
- July-August 2022 (Non-appointed Members): This year, there were nearly 200 applications to fill 62 open seats, and several groups did not appoint any new members. Members who were not appointed are encouraged to contact the staff liaison for their desired group(s) to inquire about future opportunities within the group or for feedback regarding their application, and consider reapplying for the 2023-2026 term based on this feedback.
- NASS 2022 Annual Meeting (October 12-15 in Chicago): 2022-2025 terms officially begin.
To review FAQs regarding the committee appointment process, or to apply for a 2023-2026 appointment, click here