The Membership Committee recently sent a proposal to the Board of Directors to approve the development of new or enhanced resources to further engage and provide support for the In-training segment of the membership. Based on this proposal, the following have been approved for further development by the Society:
About the Committee:
- Landmark Reading List: Curated list of landmark studies and papers of interest to trainees to be published on the NASS website in a section for In-training members.
- Expansion of Hands-on Surgical Course for In-training Members: As determined to be feasible by the CME Committee (corporate support, ability to hold in-person courses, etc) expand the existing NASS hands-on course to be held more times per year and/or regionally.
- Business of Spine Resources: Organization of existing content on non-clinical topics (job search and salary negotiation, financial/retirement planning, work/life balance, etc) and development of new content where gaps exist.
- Leadership Growth Content: Articles for In-training section of NASS website that cover topics about how to grow within the profession.
The Membership Committee reviews membership applications and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval of membership. They also recommend changes to membership categories and explore new membership benefits and opportunities. Committee details include:
- Chair: Russell DeMicco, DO
- Eligibility: Open to all members
- Estimated Time Requirements: Reviewing 15-25 new membership applications/CVs on a bi-monthly basis; quarterly conference calls as needed; attendance at in-person meeting during NASS Annual Meeting
- Current Term Accepting Applications: 2021-2024
- Number of Current Members: 13
- Estimated Vacancies: 1-2
To view full details about this group, including a listing of current committee members, click here
(requires NASS member login). Members interested in participating can complete the NASS committee application
(application deadline is March 31, 2021).
Members interested in viewing all available committees, sections and task forces can visit www.spine.org/getinvolved