The Research Funding Committee (formerly the Research Project Management Committee) recently sent a proposal to the Board of Directors to require that the Principal Investigator on NASS grant applications be a NASS member in good standing. The proposal, approved by the Board of Directors in October 2020, allows NASS to greater support members invested in the Society and will go into effect during the 2021 research funding cycle.
About the Committee:
The Research Funding Committee oversees research grant and fellowship applications, processes and suggests funding recommendations to the Evidence Analysis and Research Council and Board of Directors. Committee details include:
- Chair: Richard Skolasky, ScD
- Eligibility: Open to members with expertise in grading research grant applications; CV required to apply
- Estimated Time Requirements: Grading letters of proposal, invited grant applications and fellowship applications; attendance during annual July conference call
- Current Term Accepting Applications: 2021-2024
- Number of Current Members: 10
- Estimated Vacancies: 2
To view full details about this group, including a listing of current committee members, click here
(requires NASS member login). Members interested in participating can complete the NASS committee application
(application deadline is March 31, 2021).
Members interested in viewing all available committees, sections and task forces can visit www.spine.org/getinvolved